­

Brexit: National Suicide or Escaping the Inevitable EU Collapse?

On June 23, the United Kingdom became the first ever country to withdraw from the European Union. In a national referendum on the issue, 52 percent of the public voted to leave, while the remaining 48 percent expressed their will to stay. The decision has sent shockwaves throughout the British economy. The pound fell sharply [...]

July 14th, 2016|Christian Britschgi, Commentary|

Turmoil in Brazil: Dilma’s Impeachment, Zika Virus & Olympic Sewage

Hosting the Olympics offers a country an unmatched opportunity to reap public relations success. Having the whole world’s attention fixated on you, as billions cheer for their favorite athletes, can do wonders for any nation’s image. Such was certainly the case with the 2008 Beijing Olympics, in which meticulous Chinese planning and exuberant showmanship allowed [...]

June 9th, 2016|Christian Britschgi, Commentary|

Three Common Pitfalls of Grassroots Campaigning

There are few better ways to advocate for an issue than through grassroots campaigning. Tapping into the organic energy and passion that grassroots volunteers and organizations provide can prove decisive in affecting change. Ironically though, the things that make grassroots campaigns a powerful tool can also serve to undermine their chances of success. By their [...]

May 12th, 2016|Christian Britschgi, Commentary|

Disney Boycott: How Corporations Can Preserve LGBT Rights

On March 28th, 2016 Georgia’s Governor, Nathan Deal, announced his intentions to veto the controversial House Bill 757 that would have made it easier for individuals, non-profits, and businesses in the state to refuse service to LGBT individuals on religious grounds. Though popular among religious conservatives, HB 757 had attracted vehement opposition from LGBT rights [...]

April 25th, 2016|Christian Britschgi, Commentary|

Countering Negative Press with Grassroots Campaigning

Having a strong grass roots component to your campaign is an essential part of countering negative attention. Every PR effort will undoubtedly attract some level of critical and even hostile messaging from both opposing interests and any media outlet that chooses to rehash their claims. Smart campaigns will be able to minimize this messaging, but [...]

February 25th, 2016|Christian Britschgi, Commentary|

Leveraging Social Media for PR Success

January 1, 2016 Social media is rapidly becoming the public’s go to source for news, information, and opinion. Literally billions of people will like, share and comment on the vast amount of content being published on social media platforms every day. That’s why understanding how best to leverage these platforms for successful outreach should be [...]

January 4th, 2016|Christian Britschgi, Commentary|